Our environmental principles have been chosen, and are regularly reviewed, to ensure that our actions effectively implement our environmental policy; they are:
- To take significant environmental aspects and impacts into account throughout our operations, maintaining a functioning environmental management system at each factory.
- To consider that environmental issues are properly assessed and considered when key decisions are taken, including issues relating to supply chains, processes, distribution and logistics, new product development, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions.
- To establish and measure the significant environmental impacts of our operations, set targets for performance improvements and monitor progress against those targets in areas including but not limited to energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage / quality and waste.
- To promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources, eliminating and minimising waste, and re-using and recycling where practical.
- To make a real and meaningful contribution to mitigating climate change and global water scarcity, by considering the lifecycle perspective of our products, including raw materials, packaging, production, distribution, consumer use and end of life, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and water, reflecting national and international government agendas when setting targets.
- To engage with our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders on environmental issues (including climate change, water management and waste impacts) relating to our products, their manufacture and the sustainability of supply chains (via the Responsible Sourcing of Natural Raw Materials Policy and Human Rights and Responsible Business Policy and Standard)
- To promote that employees have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities and are aware of actions they can take to reduce their impacts.
- To conduct an annual review, including progress against targets, and to make that review publicly available in our annual Sustainability Report.