Our environmental objectives have been chosen, and are regularly reviewed, to ensure that our actions effectively implement our environmental policy.
- To take significant environmental aspects and impacts into account throughout our operations, maintaining a functioning environmental management system at each factory.
- To ensure that environmental issues are properly assessed and considered when key decisions are taken about supply chains, processes and new product development.
- To establish and measure the significant environmental impacts of our operations, set targets for performance improvements and monitor progress against those targets in areas including but not limited to energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage/quality and waste.
- To use energy and natural resources wisely and efficiently, eliminate and minimise waste, and re-use and recycle where practical.
- To make a real and meaningful contribution to mitigating climate change and global water scarcity, by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and water impact across the complete lifecycle of our products and their packaging, reflecting national and international government agendas when setting targets.
- To engage with our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders on environmental issues, including the sustainability of our raw and packaging material supply chains (via the Responsible Sourcing of Natural Raw Materials Policy and Global Manufacturing Standard Policy, both available at rb.com).
- To ensure that employees have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities and are aware of actions they can take to reduce their impacts.
- To conduct an annual review, including progress against targets, and to make that review publicly available in our annual Sustainability Report. Specific goals are available on rb.com. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the Board member with specific responsibility for the Company’s environmental policy and performance. This responsibility is delegated operationally through the Company’s line management structure, which includes a Global Sustainability Director responsible for coordinating environmental performance across the Company.