As RB adjusts to operating in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have today published our guide to navigating the new normal and staying safe in RB workspaces.
Using recommendations from the world’s leading health and disease institutions, including the World Health Organization, RB has created a comprehensive guide, and outlined a phased and gradual approach, to provide safe and healthy workplaces for all our colleagues.
Our approach has been informed by five guiding principles:
- People first - The health, safety and wellbeing of our people and their families is paramount. We must take all possible measures to ensure returning is safe.
- Locally led - Although we are providing global standards, each site will be responsible for deciding if they meet the criteria to reopen whilst keeping people safe. All local legislation and guidelines must be followed at all times.
- Structured and phased - We will only begin our return to the workplace when three triggers of readiness (External, Internal and Individual) have been fully met. This will then begin a phased and gradual approach.
- Mutual accountability - We will all take ownership. We will not mandate when employees should return as only they know their personal readiness. This will include a self-certification process.
- Protect our frontline - Unless it is a business-critical activity, wherever possible, we ask people to continue to work from home until the situation improves.
As the global situation evolves, we will be implementing our return to work with a phased and gradual approach: an initial opening with a minimum presence on sites; an intermediate phase with a relaxation of measures where appropriate; and finally the ‘new normal’, when work restrictions will be reviewed with a view to relaxing them further, in accordance with local government guidelines.
For more information and to read and download our guide to staying safe in RB workspaces, please click here.
Please note: This document contains links designed for RB employees only